Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks (Metro Parks) is an area park system operating within seven Central Ohio counties. Featuring 17 beautiful natural parks, 200 miles of trails and over 27,000 acres of land, Metro Parks is a first-class park system serving the citizens of Central Ohio since 1945.
With 7.5 million visitors and more than 180,000 program participants annually, the park system sought to better their business process flow through technology. Metro Parks approached Chepri® about a project to revamp their website and create a custom online reservation system.
The goal of the Columbus and Franklin County Metro Parks project was to make a variety of UX/UI and functional improvements to their site for both desktop and mobile users.
- Create optimal viewing and interactive experience across a wide range of devices
- Improve navigation and functionality for better ease of use and maintenance
- Update and streamline program, camp, and facility reservation and payment systems
- Enhance awareness and engagement of various park services and events
- Increase access to information including hours, locations, and community amenities
Through a custom WordPress theme, Chepri developed full-featured proprietary software using a collaborative, iterative design process, increasing website usability. By providing training, documentation and server administration, we improved their ability to maintain site content and systems.
Because of these improvements, we were able to successfully enhance content while expanding upon the natural beauty of the Metro Parks. Through upgrading sophisticated reservation, registration and payment functionality, we created a full-featured custom solution meeting the unique needs of the client and end users. The new Metro Parks site provides intuitive admin functionality and control, as well as easy public access to popular programs, camps, facilities, and important park information.